Original topic:

Hotspot not working after ui6.0 upgrade

(Topic created on: 11-23-2023 04:01 AM)
1605 Views
Phil-mik
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
When I turn on hotspot from S23 Ultra, the hotspot icon appears and devices can see it but some can't log at all and others(like the other phone S21 ultra) try to log and say logging on without internet connection, although on the s23 ultra there is internet through LTE+
Nothing changed, all settings are the same, but that happened after the upgrade to android 14 one UI6
Any fix? 
24 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Without verifying it myself, the first thing that I would do is to Reset the Network Settings. 

Go to Settings & Search for "Reset" & Reset the Network Settings. 

See if that fixes the issue for you? 

0 Likes
Phil-mik
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I did reset wifi and Bluetooth settings as a trial and was going to do the reset network settings but was afraid it may delete my esim
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It should NOT delete your eSIM. It should ask you if you want to erase the eSIM separately.

 

0 Likes
Phil-mik
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I did and same issue... No internet on the devices i connect on the s23 ultra
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, I think that you might be right. 

I just tried and got "connected without internet". 

 

0 Likes
Phil-mik
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
How can we report that so they can fix it
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Open the Samsung Members app & Click on Support > Scroll down to "Feedback" & Select "Error Report". 

Phil-mik
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I hope everyone will also do that so they can get more reports and get it fixed faster
yareku
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, I have run into a similar issue after upgrading to One UI 6 - it seems to affect not only the WiFi hotspot but also other situations when the phone does routing for you (such as USB tethering).

Safe mode, various resets (network, WiFi settings...), a full cache wipe and some other generic suggestions provided by Samsung support did not work for me.

A fix that has just worked for me though has been to set DNS server manually at the client side (tested that both with Google's 8.8.8.8 on Windows & Mac OS).

If somebody from Samsung is monitoring this, please treat this as a bug report. :)