Original topic:

My experience with 12

(Topic created on: 12-19-2021 11:12 AM)
j0n
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I usually don't mind upgrades, but this latest one to android 12 has just been an awful experience.
Besides being very buggy, here's a point form of what I dislike:

-The battery life is much worse
-Text conversations bo longer are separated by lines
-Also while texting with someone, you now have to tap their name in order to get the options to call them (one extra step is a new theme, it seems)
-The new and frankly useless 'rubber band' effect while swiping up ot down
-The pull down notification menu looks terrible
-My biggest complaint is the samsung keyboard.
You no longer have words underlined that you've mistyped without turning on predictive text. Only I don't want predictive text on. 
-The emoji button is now animated. Yes. When you type, you see your emoji button making faces. Cool?
And generally the keyboard is slower while typing.

If people wanted an iphone, they'd buy one. Samsung is inching closer to Apple with every update, until inevitably, they become indistinguishable.

5 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

You are probably one of those people who kept crying for having Android 12 when Android 11 had just been released. At the risk of disappointing you, there are several of us on this site who have the new version of Android and we are very satisfied.

Suggestion: you should develop your own system, this way it will be perfect.

j0n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
OR, not all versions are created equally. If something that used to be 1 step, is now 2, how is that an upgrade? Changing things just to say "look, it's new and we changed stuff" slows productivity, what's the point? Changes should be beneficial to the user.

As for aesthetic choices, those are subjective, and I personally think it got uglier and clunkier.
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
One thing you should Knowles is that Android is not developed by Samsung but Google.
0 Likes
j0n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm aware, but Samsung, Google, etc use their own 'skins'. The tweaks I don't like are all Samsung related.
Daikos
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Android 11 battery life is gotten worse. Doesn't feel like a 4500 MHA battery but more like 2900 MHA.
0 Likes