Original topic:

My messages aren't sending to a particular person and I can't receive from them

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 05:43 PM)
Confused214
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hii i dont know what to do and I need help. I noticed that I was texting a friend and it looked like they weren't responding to me but in reality they were but I just couldn't see them. I texted everyone else and it went through and I got their messages but for some reason I can't get this one persons messages and they can't get mine. They got a message saying "Free msg: Unable to send message - Message blocking is active"...I dont understand what that means can someone please help me 
4 Comments
samsungcrap
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have same problem on my a71, also on kijiji my messages rarely get sent, and my replies rarely get to me.
I also have many other issues with this Samsung. I definitely would never recommend a Samsung, I have lost friends and business becoz of this android **bleep**. IPhone may cost a lot more but at least it works properly.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You may have to contact your mobile service provider to find out if the messaging feature has been set up properly or if there there are any blockages. Also, do both of you have correct phone numbers? Because if either you or the other person have a different digit in the phone number, then the messages may not go through.
Confused214
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Me and the person have the correct numbers ..it worked the first time but ever since yesterday or like two days ago it just stopped working...shouldn't it work without wifi and with wifi ...it works fine with everyone else in my contact but not with this one person
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, If there is only one contact to which you're unable to send any text messages the problem might be with the network. Please contact your network operator to see if they have a solution. If possible it is also worth asking your contact to ask his or her network operator about the problem, too.

If the network operator(s) are unable to help, then please try the below steps.

If you're unable to send any SMS (text) messages to any contacts, but your phone is otherwise perfectly functional, it suggests that your network operator's message center number stored in your device's settings is either missing or wrong. Follow these steps to check, and if necessary correct, that number.

1.Switch to the Apps screen.
2.Tap Messaging.
3.Tap the 3-dot More key.
4.Tap Settings.
5.Tap More settings.
6.Tap Text messages.
7.Locate Message center. Directly beneath it should be the message center phone number of your network operator. (Check your network operator's website for their message center number to compare). If the number on your phone is different or missing, tap Message center, enter your network operator's message center number, and then tap SET. Then try sending a text message.
If the text message still won't send, or if your phone already had the correct message center number stored, please write back to us if you were unable to send a message.

0 Likes