Original topic:

Pixels

(Topic created on: 09-22-2021 12:30 PM)
nahianch
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey, I just bought my S21 ultra like less than a month ago and it seems that in the dark areas of video like YouTube videos I can see lots of pixelated areas. How do I fix this? I only dropped it once and I do have a case on it thats very protective. 
0 Likes
11 Comments
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Do you have a screenshot or photo of what you're talking about? It could just be the quality this chosen on the YouTube video or general YouTube video compression.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

A screen shot won't help, you need to take a picture of the screen with a different device. 

0 Likes
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
If it's just YouTube compression it'll show with a screenshot but if it's a hardware issue then it wont.

It'll be easier if the OP shares the video though to see if happens on other devices too. Generally videos with dark areas sometimes have video artifacting that results in pixelation since it's not perfectly dark and is in a gradient. YouTube bitrate just isn't high enough to show these sections properly.

There's other reasons too but this video explains it well:
https://youtu.be/h9j89L8eQQk

But with that said, it could be a hardware/other issue too.
0 Likes
nahianch
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
0 Likes
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
These are what I see when I play it on my almost one month old Galaxy Z Fold 3 and playing on the highest quality of the video in 1080p. There's definitely a lot of compression artifacts in the video.

Samsung Members also compresses the images but you can still see the blocking from the video.

Is this what you're seeing?Screenshot_20210922-174236_39728.jpgScreenshot_20210922-174952.jpgScreenshot_20210922-174921.jpgScreenshot_20210922-174915.jpg
0 Likes
nahianch
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing. I'm so glad this is just a compressed artifact in the video. It's scary when you see stuff like this on a 2k dollar canadian phone.
0 Likes
nahianch
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The video I shared is when I noticed it.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, As RedDogRabbit mentioned, please take a picture of the screen or a video with a different device to assist you further.

0 Likes
nahianch
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't have another device.
0 Likes