Original topic:

Reminder about where the updates come from

(Topic created on: 02-06-2019 02:23 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I see this way too much recently

Updates. Made by Samsung. Samsung Electronics. Not by anyone else. Not by Bell. Not by Rogers. Not by Fido. Not by Vidéotron. Not by Koodo. Not by Telus. Not by Freedom Mobile. Not by SaskTel. Not by Chatr. Not Lucky Mobile. Not Public Mobile. Not President's Choice Mobile. NOT BY ANY CARRIER.

Rollout. Made by Samsung. Samsung Electronics. Not by anyone else. Not by Bell. Not by Rogers. Not by Fido. Not by Vidéotron. Not by Koodo. Not by Telus. Not by Freedom Mobile. Not by SaskTel. Not by Chatr. Not Lucky Mobile. Not Public Mobile. Not President's Choice Mobile. NOT BY ANY CARRIER.

The only involvement of carriers is their feedback, a bit of testing and customization (CSC) and that's it.

The firmware is exactly the same across all carriers. Same AP, BL, CP and CSC.

Once the update is available to one carrier, EVERYONE can flash the update.

Updates can be delayed at the very last second for undisclosed reasons. And nobody here can foretell this.

Also, do not ask Samsung technical support for any ETA for updates. They do not have accurate information.
Utopia1
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@Nundo dude you may want to get the fuck out of here. you're dissing a guy thats more helpful than moderators here. I wrote your name on a piece of paper to remember.
0 Likes
moboots
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
its not called wind mobile anymore
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What is its name now? I don't live where they provide service so I don't know.
0 Likes
Simba1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Freedom
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks Simba, will correct this immediately
0 Likes
moboots
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
ya they changed to "freedom mobile" about a year or 2 ago
0 Likes
Dolfinns
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
personally, I find CHMultimedia to be a great source of accurate info (even though I rarely post, I felt I had to this time).
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I totally agree 👍
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you for appreciating my work.

PS: No need to post frequently. As long as you aren't a troll banging your head on a keyboard, or as long as you don't comment on the FAQ as if it was a direct line to Samsung tech support, all your submissions here are more than welcome, regardless of posting frequency.
m109h841n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks. I did get my beta installed cos you CHMultimedia without wrecking. 👍