Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S20 FE edge lighting

(Topic created on: 02-18-2021 11:38 AM)
EIS8684
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, can anyone tell me why the edge lighting feature doesn't work for me? It won't light up whenever I receive an email, text message, WhatsApp, Twitter message, etc. even though I've included all apps in the brief pop up settings and the edge lighting effect of my choice. Can anyone please tell me what I'm missing to make this thing work?

I'm on One UI 3 android version 11. 

Thanks.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Do you have any other 3rd party notification apps installed? 

Anything else changed since yesterday?

Did you install any Samsung themes since yesterday? 

You could always boot into recovery & wipe cache, but I'm not sure if that will fix it, but it's the least painful thing to try. 

Worst case scenario, backup your phone with smart switch & factory reset. This shouldn't be necessary, but a factory reset will often fix unknown errors. 

View solution in context

15 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Go into your settings
Then notifications
Select Brief
Click on brief pop-up settings
Click on edge lighting style
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi EIS8684, Please make sure you have enabled the edge lighting feature under Settings >> Notifications >> Brief pop-up settings >> choose edge lighting style/color by keyword/ Toggle on for show when screen is off.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Do you have it set up like this? It works for me. 

Screenshot_20210218-145919_Settings.jpg

EIS8684
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, I have it set up exactly like that RedDogRabbit and it doesn't work. It worked briefly yesterday but it doesn't anymore, and I can't figure out why ☹️

Screenshot_20210218-153003_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20210218-153040_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Do you have any other 3rd party notification apps installed? 

Anything else changed since yesterday?

Did you install any Samsung themes since yesterday? 

You could always boot into recovery & wipe cache, but I'm not sure if that will fix it, but it's the least painful thing to try. 

Worst case scenario, backup your phone with smart switch & factory reset. This shouldn't be necessary, but a factory reset will often fix unknown errors. 

EIS8684
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No, I have not installed or changed anything since yesterday.

Thank you, I will first try the least painful solution to see if it does anything 🤞 and if not, I'll do the factory reset. I appreciate your time and effort.
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
what are you trying to get notifications for? I found Samsung Messages always works but Google Messages doesn't for me no matter what.
0 Likes
EIS8684
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
For everything but mostly for texts, Samsung email, WhatsApp, and Twitter. I wasn't getting anything other than the notification sounds and the icons. The issue was resolved after doing a factory reset. It appears to be working perfectly now and I hope it continues to behave 😁
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Glad to hear!
0 Likes