Original topic:

S20 screen flickering/blink at random

(Topic created on: 09-26-2021 09:06 AM)
WorkingMom
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey All, anyone else having issues with their screen flickering/blinking at random after the latest update?
9 Comments
Galaxy S
Do you use Home Up (Good Lock) app? One member reported tbat Home Up causing flickering after recent update.
0 Likes
WorkingMom
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
No I don't have that app
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Please start the device in safe mode and check if the issue still persists in safe mode or not.

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out which app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

First, completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

Once you're in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone. To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This is a known issue samsung needs to fix.
For a temp bandaid go to your messaging app and then settings then turn off keep on top.
It's a bandaid fix and you will still have some flickering but it helps a lot.
My phone went from not being able to be used on any app or email to now I can use apps and email just a annoying flash here ND there
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We request you to register an Error Report from the Samsung Members app by attaching the system logs.

Open the Samsung Members app>> Menu >> Support >> Send feedback >> Error Report >> Send system log file.

With these logs, our team could analyze the performance and errors on the device and if there is anything related to the Samsung update that you have installed recently, we would push a fix through an update.

0 Likes
racyug
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm having this issue also...except when mine flickers it opens the messaging app in the background, however if I try to use the app, it is unresponsive
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes seems samsung don't care and going to make us wait for an actual fix till there next update. Everyone needs to submit a support ticket they might get on fixing it then.
GEEWIZZER
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My problem with the last update is the camera has all functionality without any picture and then go's into camera failed.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you to perform a clear cache and data and force stop camera app.

To clear cache and data, go to Settings, swipe to, and touch Apps. Swipe to and touch the camera app. Tap force stop.

Touch Storage, and then touch Clear cache and clear data.

0 Likes