Original topic:

S21 S Pen Cover Stops Working

(Topic created on: 08-20-2021 12:50 PM)
Tasoril
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I, like many others here, have been having an issue with my S21 Ultra S Pen smart cover stopping working over the past few months. Mine seems to fail at working about once a week. I tried clearing the cache partition, and that doesn't change anything. Rebooting my phone will temporarily fix it, so it's not an issue with the case, and has to be software related. Has anyone found a permanent solution for this, or are we stuck waiting on Samsung to actually admit there is an issue with their software and stop telling us to just clear our cache partition constantly?

2 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Tasoril,
Please remove the S Pen smart clear view cover and re-add it to the phone again, then check if it works fine.

If the problem persists, you need to perform the factory data reset of the device. If you perform the factory data reset, it will give you as a new device by erasing all the data. Make sure to back up your device data by using the Smart Switch before hard reset, as it will erase all data.

Also delete all registered Google / Samsung accounts from the phone under Settings >> Accounts >> Google or Samsung account >> Tap on your account >> tap 3 dots in the top right >> Delete account.

Smart switch transfers personal data as well as (contacts, timetables, memories, messages and call history) and photos, videos, alarms, favorites.

Preferences: you cannot transfer settings or data from the downloaded applications.

Procedure: 1. Download the Smart Switch to the computer. Install it and restart the computer.
2. Open the Smart switch. Connect your mobile phone with the computer via a USB cable.
3. You can see the 'Save' option.

Here is the smart switch link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-back-up-your-devi...

Please follow the Factory data reset steps on your device.
Go to settings>>Global management>>Reset settings>>Factory data reset>>Reset.

You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.

0 Likes
REd2021
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
What if ur computer is broken?
0 Likes