Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S21 5G clear view cover stopped working

(Topic created on: 04-26-2021 11:34 AM)
skunkwade
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

After applying the April update to Android, my clear view case stopped working, won't display time, and transmits my touches to the screen below, rendering it somewhat useless.  This seems to be a recurring theme, and needs resolution.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Wipe cache partition.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Wipe cache partition.
0 Likes
skunkwade
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

yep that seems to have fixed it, but that being said I "fixed" it the other day too, let's see if this one sticks

0 Likes
skunkwade
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

nope, it didn't stick. a few hours later it's back to not working again.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
For S21

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partotion
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system
luvly4luv
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It doesn't make it work. It's not a phone issue. Something like a device attached to the clear view case has suddenly just gone bad. Maybe a sensor or and NFC device at the back of the case suddenly go bad after few days of working. 50 USD down the drain

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try the suggestions provided by Tallman. If you still have the issue, we request you to backup and reset the phone. You can backup the data to the PC using smart switch software or to Samsung Cloud depending on the free space available in it.

0 Likes
skunkwade
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

great solution, it's only taken me an hour to do all of that and my apps are still installing.  seems like a lot of work to fix a defect in your design.

0 Likes
Mo2280
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

i got the same issue is there a solution for that , phone is updated to the latest version , it was working fine until the middle of the day , phone is 5 days old very new along with the cover ,

0 Likes
Members_M2bl49P
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I had an issue where my case stopped operating as it should, I tried a lot of different settings but to no avail. In the end I worked out that the metal plate I had on the back of my phone my for the phone holder had moved slightly interfering with the NFC on the case

0 Likes