Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra Smart Clear View Cover stopped working

(Topic created on: 02-28-2021 06:14 PM)
RicGir
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

My smart clear cover stopped working on my S21 Ultra 5G when I close the cover I no longer see the notifications.

I removed the phone from the case then rebooted it to insert it back but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
13 Comments
Galaxy S
Just a question, have you updated your phone recently?
0 Likes
RicGir
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
hi Tallman,

no firmware update but perhaps a Samsung apps or service while sleeping.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi RicGir,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Since when it is happening?

Please try to wipe the cache partition of your phone and check. 

To wipe the cache partition follow the below steps:

- Please connect your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra to the computer by USB Type C cable.

- Swipe down the notifications pane. There you'll see a power icon. Tap that icon and you'll see the option to power off, Now tap on Power off and touch Power off again to confirm.

- Now wait for some time and Press and hold the Volume Up key and Power key.
- When the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo appears release all the keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
RicGir
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
hi Halston,

unfortunately it didn't work.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi RicGir, Thanks for performing the wipe cache partition. I suggest you please reach out to live chat support by using the link below and they will help you with the issue. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review.

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat 

0 Likes
filap
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Same problem immediately after the January update

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi filap,

Have you performed the wipe cache partition? If not Please perform and check. If the issue persists, Then as suggested, please reach out to live chat support by using the link below link and they will help you further. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review.

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat 

0 Likes
Members_fDPyops
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Halston

Any solution to to issue yet?

A lot of people have the same problem with Clearview not working! 

0 Likes
Howman
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I'm having the same problem as you it started with a March Security update and started a repair with Samsung and I was messing with it to the point I thought I had bricked it then the day I was to send it for repair it was working now I got the April Security update and the same thing happened but I am not sure what I did to make it work .  So did you ever get your problem fixed

0 Likes