Original topic:

S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 05:44 PM)
jakesbrakes
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
  • Got a brand new S22 ultra, kept Sim card in old phone, did all the updates and transfers from old to new phone.
  • Anyway few minutes ago I moved Sim card from old to new phone and new phone did a factory reset and lost all information and updates.. Wondering what happened? 
0 Likes
8 Comments
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Install the sim card in the new phone before installing anything on it
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
This ^. The phone wipes after first SIM insertion to change to the SIM's CSC (carrier)
jakesbrakes
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Well I learned the hard way
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I think they should warn that inserting a sim card after setting up the device will do a factory reset
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You live you learn enjoy your new phone
jakesbrakes
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup. Thanks
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
That's because nowadays, phones are sold as "unlocked". But when you put in the sim card for the first time, it needs to install the carrier's settings therefore, it resets everything to install it.

Could install it without resetting everything I guess but idk how the backend works so I can't say.

But yeah, always remember to put in the sim card first before actually setting a new phone up. I've learned it the hard way before as well lol
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you everyone.

Hi jakesbrakes, as suggested by others please install your SIM card before transfering the data. It is because where the device goes into auto factory data reset.

However, congratulations on your new Galaxy S22 Ultra and we hope you enjoy your new purchase.

0 Likes