Original topic:

Apps crashing after one UI 5 update

(Topic created on: 11-29-2022 12:19 PM)
OsMas55
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Most official and 3rd party apps are constantly crashing on my s22 Ultra, I keep getting a message saying that there's a bug and that I need to wait until the developer updates this app. I restart my phone like 5 times a day now and a few minutes later the app would crash AGAIN. I deleted the cache partition twice now and the cache for each app from settings. I'm just sick and tired of it by now and I was wondering if there is an official way to downgrade, this is not the beta so I can't use Samsung members to downgrade, I saw people on YouTube do it using Odin but I'm worried it will affect the official software certificate of the phone. If you know any other ways please don't feel shy to share them. Thank you.

0 Likes
15 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are really sorry to hear that your'e facing issue after software update.

Please try to back up and factory reset your device by following the steps in the given links and verify if it solves the issue.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Best bet is that to factor reset back up everything before hand and you shouldn't have any problems. I did that this morning and my ZF3 is running better then ever.
Alextheangel
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Or just Uninstall/reset/reinstall the app that have issues.
0 Likes
OsMas55
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I'll try that with amazon but I can't uninstall Gmail or Galaxy store tho

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

While it's true that you can't uninstall system apps, you can uninstall ALL updates to them (3 dot menu top right when looking at the app, in Settings > Apps) Then Reboot and they will update again, hopefully fixing the issues. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Can you post a screen shot of this message, saying that there's a "bug".

I've never heard of any OS message saying that.

Sounds like it is more likely to be from a user installed app, especially since this is the first time anyone has reported it. 

OsMas55
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
You are not saying which apps are causing the problems
Please give us some examples
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't recall ever seeing any message saying that there's a bug, wait for the developer to fix it, on any system app ever!, and don't think that I've ever seen this message from a independent Developer's app either.

Really like to see a screen shot of this message!