Original topic:

S22 won't play audio through USB-C-to-3.5 mm adaptor

(Topic created on: 12-24-2022 05:01 AM)
August22
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have a new S22 and I bought the Samsung brand USB-C to 3.5 mm adaptor. When I connect 3.5 mm headphones or earbuds the audio will not play through the headphones/earbuds, but instead the audio plays through the S22 speaker..

I've restarted the phone. Volume is up 100%. There is no lint in the USB-C port. All updates installed. I Uninstalled updates on the Samsung USB-C Headset app in case updates were killing functionality. The headphones work okay in other devices. USB charging and USB fast charging works fine with S22. Back up with SmartSwitch to PC works fine.

The is a suggested fix I found online that requires the following: Step 1: Go to Setting.
Step 2: Enable the developer’s option by tapping the “Build number” seven times.

Step 3: After that, go to the developer option and disable the option “Disable USB audio routing”.

Is this worth trying?

How can I get the phone to recognize that it wants to output media?

0 Likes
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

There's no harm in trying the Dev Options suggestion you found, to get your wired Headphones / Earbuds working on your device.

If I were you, I know that I would 👍🏻

Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Instead of complicating your life with an adapter, all you have to do is get headphones with a usb-c connector for $25 and you're done.

Merry X-Mas

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

They said that they already have a USB-C adapter, otherwise they wouldn't be able to connect to their device.

The issue is that the device does not connect to play the audio, which is why they were asking about Dev Options. 

Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we would like to tell you that as some USB Type -C earphones and USB Type -C jack adapters may not be compatible with your device and some features may not work properly.

Make sure they are compatible with the device before purchase.

0 Likes
August22
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Understood. However the Samsung USB-C to 3.5 adaptor should be compatible, no?
0 Likes
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I know this should not matter, try inserting the USB cable the other way .... I use a generic adapter with no issues.Screenshot_20221225_081825_Amazon Shopping_1000005972_1671974305.jpg
0 Likes
Stevensdelivery
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

"Disable USB audio routing”.

This worked for me, thank you!

I had prevously tried 2 different usb-c to aux adapters from 2 different brands, with 2 different pairs of headphones, and no sound. Now, both adapters work!