Original topic:

S23 Ultra or Z Fold 4? Which would you choose?

(Topic created on: 03-02-2023 04:48 PM)
Dem_Crumblies_TechYT
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S

Hey guys, I just made a video comparing the Z Fold 4 and S23 Ultra. The Z Fold 4 definitely has some unique features, but I still prefer the S23 Ultra more, especially with the battery life. But lemme know what you think about both phones, or if you think I got anything wrong with my assessment of them both. I was thinking of posting in the Z Fold forums, but I think I might get reamed lol.

13 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Personal preference but for me .. S23 Ultra no hesitation. I do not like foldables at all.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
It depends on your personal usage. Both devices are solid devices. But it targets different group of people.

I have owned both but decided to sell my fold for the S23 Ultra.
Galaxy S
Yea really, they are both primo, but even with the unique features of the Z Fold, I found myself going to the Ultra more.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
The fold is good for multitasking, content creators, editors and people always on the move but needs to work with their device. A big screen being able to fold into a more portable form factor is perfect. It does take some getting used to though.

While the S23 Ultra is something people can get familiar with right away. And also take advantage of the better battery life and of course the versatility of the cameras.

Personally, I think the screen of the S23 Ultra is plenty big for my personal usage but I do admit that it cannot beat the multitasking of the fold.

There is also a question of durability. While I've been lucky and have never had any issues at all with any of my folds, we can all agree that you have more peace of mind with a normal solid slab than with something with moving parts.
Galaxy S

Yea, the Z Fold 4 was my first foldable ever, and I always heard horror stories about the screen, so I was worried about that. I also heard of the screen cracking due to cold temperatures, but I haven't experienced any issues with the Fold 4. I stil prefer the S23 Ultra because I guess I'm just not as active a multitasker as other users.

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Fold for me proved unusable. Even with multitasking, how many regular people use Dex or have 100 screens open? I think uts a device a) to stand out in a crowd, not for a northern gal like me lol. There's no one here haha

B) a person glued to their screen, maybe even work usage that demands setting it as a desktop, mini one and whatever else.

The front screen is so useless that it defeats the purpose and pretty much all apps havent been customized to suit it.
Galaxy S

The front screen is definitely challenging to use, especially once a case is put on and it becomes even narrower. I'm disappointed the rumors are that the Z Fold 5 won't have a wider screen like some of the other foldables. I still prefer a traditional slab phone, but the fold definitely came in handy for certain things like following along with a tutorial or reading PDFs, but again, those are rare situations for me. 

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Exactly. I am curious to see the pixel Fold that is supposedly coming in July. Google might do it!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yea I'm curious too. I bought the Pixel 7 Pro as my first Pixel device, but had to return it due to network connection issues. Couldn't found any reviewers mentioning the issue, would I made a quick video on YT about my issue and a bunch of people chimed in with their issues too. Popped the same SIM card back into my S22U, zero issues. I'm kinda wary about their hardware now.