Original topic:

S24 Ultra Slow Charging Bug?

(Topic created on: 02-19-2024 08:12 PM)
trupy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Is this a known issue - S24Ultra Slow charging at 8 to 9W. It only charges at full speed (superfast when the phone is off). I tried the following:

Safe Mode
Reset App Preferances
Different Cables and Chargers
Power Banks
Samsung Official Charger
Turning on and off Fast Charging

Again, the phone recognizes that a supetfast charger is connected but it still charges slowly.

It only charges at full speed when it is turned off.

Any ideas or go ask for a new phone?!
0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

One coffee answer. 

I'm thinking, that your S24 is only Super Fast Charging when the screen is off, to prevent it from overheating.  Which kind of makes sense. 

0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@trupy, "It only charges at full speed when it is turned off." I assume you meat "turn power off" since the display is turned off automatically after a small time period depending on your setting, is it right?
0 Likes
trupy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, when the phone is fully turned off.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

When your phone is charging, Go to Settings > Battery.

It will show you the speed (Fast, Super Fast etc).

Screenshot_20240220_124637.jpg

Obviously you need the phone powered On & Screen On to see this.

In Settings for the Battery, you have Fast Charging Toggled ON (My S20 Ultra gives the option for Fast & Super Fast, but on my S23 Ultra, it only Shows "Fast" as an option, but you can see in the first screen shot, that it is Super Fast Charging.

Screenshot_20240220_124829.jpg

0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I also assume the fast charging you mentioned is about a couple of hours fully charged. And it's no issue for me to do the fast charging on my s23u/note10/note8/.... with turned power on all the time.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Should be Super Fast Charging when the screen is off, don't think that you have to power the device off completely. 

trupy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You can charge super fast either then the phone is on or powered off. If everything ia working as designed.
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I am afraid of saying No. I think no matter how to charge the phone, it shouldn't need to turn power off at all. That's normal sense.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi trupy, I request you to please check the information on the page number 13 in the given user manual.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202402/20240220134027613/S92X_UG_CA_UU_ENG_D9.pdf

0 Likes