Original topic:

S24 ultra

(Topic created on: 05-18-2024 09:56 PM)
sagittarianeductor
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Wondering if anyone is having issues setting up the new samsung s24 ultra. I can't seem to transfer from my old phone to it. 
0 Likes
15 Comments
Galaxy S
Hello sagittarianeductor, what kind of issues you are facing? Can you describe it or screen capture the issues?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I can select language, and accept the permissions. But it doesn't give me an option to connect to wifi during setup or select to transfer anything.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Did you try connect a USB cable between the two phones and then use Smart Switch to do the transfer from old to new?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes I did. It won't work
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I just got mine. No problems with it except needing SIM or eSIM to finish setup (can't bypass this). That kind of surprised me as I always bypassed that in older phones (which I can't do on S24U). Already did 3 factory resets on it (before setup, after security update and playing with it and testing). Transferring during and after setup worked fine with Smart Switch.

Are you actually stuck in setup mode? Since there's nothing critical on the phone yet. Power down phone. Then press the Volume Up+Power button. Access android recovery and do a cache wipe followed by a data wipe to factory reset. Reboot.

Start fresh again and hoping it cleared the issue and allow setup to complete and allow transferring of data.

Make sure source phone is unlocked. It should walk you through the steps. Again the source device (old phone) must be unlocked to communicate to the target device (S24U). You will also be prompted to enter a code generated on the source phone to the target phone to start the transfer.
0 Likes
ImCanadianEh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just press volume down
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
That's for a soft reset. I was recommending a factory reset. Personally, the best thing to do prior to setting up the device is to give it a good clean slate. But that's just me.
0 Likes
ImCanadianEh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No when your at the welcome screen hold volume down to unlock nosim mode
ImCanadianEh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
That's how I did mine
0 Likes