Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Android 13 upgrade

(Topic created on: 02-13-2022 05:59 PM)
JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, 12 GB RAM and 1TB storage.  Very powerful, and more powerful for any mid-range recent Samsung devices that are  getting Android 13 update.

Clearly, s10 Plus will handle Android 13 OS , if the lower A series or M series will get this update 

So my question here, is S10 Plus phone getting Android 13, and if not why?
12 Comments
SAFOR3V3R
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Unfortunately not because the s10 series only gets 3 years worth of major updates. And because the s10s were on android 9 when they were released, android 12 is the farthest it'll get for OS updates. I have the s10 plus too and I'm sad about that 😞
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Honestly, Samsung might change their plan, who knows
JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hope so! Really like the form factor and the earphones jack. This phone should get 5 years update. The first Samsung phone with 12 gb RAM
SAFOR3V3R
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have the 8gb ram version and i still love the phone. Headphone jack like you said, 6.4 inch screen, stereo speakers, great cameras, good call quality, IP68.... list goes on. I hope it gets another major os update. Most likely gonna keep mine for another 2 years at least
afroman
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I agree with you on this, not only that the S10 series mark a significant change in pricing of their phones as well.

Samsung needs to increase their support coverage of their flagship phones and security updates be extended too.
JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This is great news... Thanks for sharing
0 Likes
rocky103
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

4 years of security updates.

0 Likes
ScubadooX
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Unless Samsung changes it support policy, S10 variants are deadended at Android 12 and security updates end in 2023.

RichieRuss
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have two of S10 plus 12GB 1TB. I bought one for my wife because they are so good. They are easily the best Samsung phones with huge capacities. They would easily handle Android 13 or 14, for that matter. 

If these phones are not updated after decades of Samsung, I'm moving to another brand as I'm not paying £1000s for these top-line phones for a measly three years of support.