Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S20FE drops SD Card

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 12:37 PM)
ppaskova
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello

I have 2 Samsung galaxy S20 FE phones that have exactly same issues. The phones are different (one white and one blue) but both purchased from same store at the same time.  At least once a day each phone stops recognizing SD Cards inside it. No error messages displayed. The only way I know by seeing some apps that installed on SD card showing grey wired icons. The only way to fix the issue is to reboot the phone. The SD cards in both phone are Sandisk 256mb cards. One is brand new and one is one year old that I moved from my old Galaxy s9. When I remove the cards and try to copy files on them from and to computer via laptop card reader I have no issues with the cards.  I tried to replace card trays in both phones and reset the phone to factory settings but it did not resolve the issue. After I restored all my applications from backups the issue came back on both phones. I'm not sure what can be the issue, may be software. Maybe anti spyware programs like MCafee detects something dangerous on the SD cards and disconnects them ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

0 Likes
12 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Hi @ppaskova say After I restored all my applications from backups the issue came back on both phones.

maybe it restored " corrupted files ", why don't you try to make a wipe cache partition on yours devices ?

@keagan, how can he make a wipe cache partition on s20 fe ?

ppaskova
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
interesting suggestion. by doing that would it reset my phone or setting and applications will stay in Tacked?
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Sometimes some files got corrupted so WE recommand you to make a Wipe Cache Partition after each major update. This does’nt affect any of your files but can improve your device’s performance and resolve many problems that could happen after a major update
To check how to make a Wipe Cache Partition on your device, just download this file and click on your device. You'll see the comment appear with the description on HOW TO.

If any error appears, please let me know, i will change it as soon as another user confirm it also.

Wipe Cache Partition is similar as a Tune-up for a car, so will it be better or not for your device ?

Enjoy

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-en-fr/m-p/3156063#M1...

I don't already have the procedure to do it...this is why i'm asking @keagan...but i will check on youtube for you..

Here you are : https://youtu.be/69UDw-xwpGM

0 Likes
ppaskova
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello @Cassidy and @keagan

Unfortunately solution did not help. I've got same issue on one of the phones (with older SD card) today again. So any other suggestions are appreciated. While performing the solution I noticed one more option there called "Repair apps", what this option does ? And can that help me or it will damage apps on my phone ?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Cassidy.

Hi ppaskova, Please follow the steps below to perform the wipe cache partition as suggested by Cassidy. Please try this and get back to us with the results.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the "Volume Up" key and the "Power" key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. Press the "Volume down" key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition" after the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the "Power" key to select.
  6. When the process is complete, "Reboot system now" is highlighted.
  7. Press the "Power" key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Thanks @keagan ,i added it in my article 

0 Likes
ppaskova
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello @Cassidy and @keagan

Unfortunately solution did not help. I've got same issue on one of the phones (with older SD card) today again. So any other suggestions are appreciated. While performing the solution I noticed one more option there called "Repair apps", what this option does ? And can that help me or it will damage apps on my phone ?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Like i never tried this option, i will let @keagan or any other Ambassadors / Moderators answer to this...

0 Likes
ppaskova
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Unfortunately no suggestions worked so far, Any other suggestions that can help. Very disappointed with Samsung !!!

0 Likes