Original topic:

Samsung S20 fe email account photo

(Topic created on: 10-18-2023 11:26 AM)
Dentoid
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there. Does anybody know how to place a photo in the round circle in an email account in Samsung Mail? Samsung S20fe.
Thanks!

14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you mean, YOUR photo for Samsung email, just go to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Google Account & Select the account you want to change your image.

The new Profile image will appear in Samsung Email. 

Screenshot_20231018_085524.jpg

0 Likes
Dentoid
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks for the reply but I forgot to mention that the email account is not a Gmail account.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't know if it matters if it isn't a Gmail account?

Change the image for your Google Profile & see if it changes in your Samsung email account. If it doesn't, and if it's a Yahoo email, look for a Profile setting in Yahoo, or whatever email service you use. I don't think that there's a way to change it directly in Samsung's email app. 

0 Likes
Dentoid
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi again RDR. I do have a @gmail account I rarely use that has a picture associated with it in the Samsung email app. The main email account I use ends in @telus.net, which is my isp. That's the account not associated with a profile pic.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Telus's email (Telus.net) is partnered with Google. I also believe that Telus is migrating / has migrated to Google?

If that's the case, from my first reply, you should be able to Settings >  Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Google Account & Select the account you want to change your image.

Side note, if you have a Carrier's email address, and for whatever reason, you decide to change Carriers, you will lose access to your Carrier's email address. 

I know that this has happened to a number of people. 

Let me know if you have tried my suggestion, changing your Google Account Profile for the Telus.net account. 

0 Likes
Dentoid
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Unfortunately there is no option in the telus.net account to add a pic to the profile. Telus has migrated to Google and allows users to open a telus.net account on their servers.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

So here it says Telus.net & no option to Click on Info о Security & Personalization?

Screenshot_20231018_144751.jpg

0 Likes
Dentoid
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This is what my options are in account settings for my telus.net email account. To sync or not to sync.

1697657440793_1697657440786_0.jpg
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, that's too bad.. I can't think of any other way to change / add a profile pic.

It's quite easy with Gmail, don't know if it's worth it for you to consider changing to Gmail? 

0 Likes