Original topic:

Samsung S24 Ultra Heating issues.

(Topic created on: 04-08-2024 12:28 AM)
FLexiL_
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone,

Just wanted an honest opinion on this topic. I recently upgraded to the new s24 ultra. Absolutely love the phone, and I'm constantly learning new features on a weekly basis. I've had it for a couple of weeks now (since launch), and I know that the things like file transfer from phone to phone, your battery learning your patterns in the first week, just to name a few, can cause the phone to heat up for that specific moment. 

However, I have noticed weird patterns, the more I'm using my phone. Turning on apps like the camera, causes my phone to start heating up, not overheating, just heating up to what I would guess about between 35-37 degrees celsius as a rough estimate based on my readings thought the cpuz app. The top left corner in particular feel like it receives the most heat, which from my understanding is where the motherboard, cpu and gpu are located. 

I also have recently downloaded warzone mobile. Which if anyone is aware is not fully optimized. I played the game on a few occasions, through bypass charging which in turn helps prolong the battery life on the phone while not actually charging the battery itself. And the max I had it heat up was like roughly 42 to 43 degrees celsius maybe 3 times. I'm scared that this could have possibly damaged my internals. I.e. gpu or cpu. And has caused the phone to potentially shorten it's lifecycle. Hence why it's warming up much easier now. 

Is someone able to maybe elaborate more on this? 

Would appreciate any input or help to lead me in the right direction. 

6 Comments
Galaxy S

If you use the camera app for a while, or record high res video, that will cause it to warm up since it's quite taxing on the battery too.

jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Yeah, it's looking like Samsung needs to send out another April update to patch some things. I'm having thermal and battery issues too with certain apps.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, have you tried performing Wipe cache partition on your device? If not, please perform and see if it helps.

1.Turn off the device.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key

3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.

5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. 6. Press Power key to select.

7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you wipe your cache partition, it removes any temporary files that may be causing some issues with your device, all of your personal files and settings will not be affected when you wipe cache partition.

Here are some additional steps you can take to address the heating problem:

1. Check Background Apps: Make sure that there are no excessive background apps running on your device, as they can contribute to increased heat generation. Close any unnecessary apps running in the background.

2. Update Software: Ensure that your device's software is up to date. Sometimes, software updates include bug fixes and optimizations that can improve device performance and reduce overheating.

3. Limit Intensive Tasks: Avoid using resource-intensive apps or performing tasks that put a heavy load on your device, such as gaming or streaming high-definition videos, for extended periods, as these activities can lead to increased heat generation.

4. Optimize Settings: Adjust your device's settings to optimize performance and reduce heat generation. For example, lower the screen brightness, disable features like Always On Display when not in use, and limit background data usage.

Thank you.

FLexiL_
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey Helena,

I have performed the wipe cache, make sure that I don't run too many apps in the background. I'm on the recent update as well. And I recently put the performance on light mode as well.

My phone also warmed up while using android auto. It was at 42 degrees celsius.
arhanzo
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
I have the same problem as you. I'm not sure but, after the lastest update came on late march-early april, I'm experiencing occasional heat ups on my s24u. A week ago, I have experienced mother board heating up probably a bit more or less 40°C.l, even though there were no heavy tasks done.
FLexiL_
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm experiencing the same things as you. I'm assuming this is due to the Snapdragon cpu. They seem to be always heating up regardless of what you are doing. I'm thinking that it's also the titanium frame that's capturing heat more, especially if you have a case on your phone.

No idea. But I'm hoping Samsung starts releasing some optimization and performance updates soon to help at least mitigate this.
0 Likes