Original topic:

Samsung scandal reported by The Verge (05/13)

(Topic created on: 05-14-2022 04:36 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Now we all know why when you contacted Samsung Support they will NOT help you with solutions, just template/robotic answers: they did not get paid by Samsung. 

Link: https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/13/23067868/samsung-expert-ibbu-terminated-pay

In the article published on May 13, 2022 entitled: A Samsung.com 'expert' has been fired after speaking up about working for free it elaborate how Samsung Mobile pushed their staff to answer chats, unpaid, just to boost performance numbers for the company.
Experts often found themselves dealing with support questions from people having issues with their phones or orders instead of inquiries from customers trying to decide whether to go with the S22 Plus or Ultra.

To make matters worse, the “Experts” are only paid on commission, meaning they are extremely unlikely to see a single cent for answering support chats. 

11 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Haha yeah. I've pretty much always had the impression that Samsung's Moderators were not located in Canada, so it hardly would surprise me that they don't actually work for Samsung directly.

I've occasionally joked, that I'm not sure if they even own Samsung devices.

I know that I, along with another member here, posted a screen shot of Samsung unboxing, filmed & posted from an iPhone lol 😂 

btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Not surprised. Even their solutions to fixing Samsung's software issues by directing customers to Google or other apps instead of their own. The scandal!! 🤣🤣
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
A good friend of mine who was promoted last year within Samsung Canada quit today because of all the issues he came across..I never called him once to deal with my complaints because I don't take advantage of my friends.. but he was done. And he is an extremely talented smart person..sad when a company has no value for talent and everything is a $ number!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Clearly, Samsung can't afford to lose smart people. 

I'm still (not really), waiting for some heads to roll after this year's debacle... but when the CEO was in prison for bribery.. meh

At least they've got the "spell caster" issue solved  🙄

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
For now lol
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That was sarcasm. 

3 more "Ineedadeathspell" posts starting around 9:30 pm last night & ending this morning just after 6:30 am.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/quot-we-sincerely-apologize-for-the-inconvenience-quot-sa...

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Haha I know lol.. you're comments are rarely non sarcastic lol
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Nah, some are down right cuddly.. others not so much.. Particularly the ones, where I'm suggesting that the Moderator should delete their own post, for being plain senseless. 😁

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Cuddly? Thats your choice of word? Cuddly...I think you need a Frappuccino 🥛