Original topic:

settings problem

(Topic created on: 03-18-2019 06:11 PM)
n123jc
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have a samsung s7. My phone recently had a software update a few days ago. I noticed now I no longer have the settings icon on my main page and can't find it anywhere. I tried clicking settings through the top right corner drop down and it keeps coming back to the home screen. How do I fix this I need my settings! 
0 Likes
6 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Drag down on the bar at the top of the screen and look for the star shaped icon at the right. Also should be in the all apps folder
0 Likes
n123jc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I tried clicking the star shaped icon from the drag down initially when i had noticed the problem. It takes me back to the home screen. Its not in the all apps folder which is where I initially noticed it was missing
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm also on S7 and I also just had a software update, but the icon is still there. The only thing I could see happening is you might have accidentally put it into an app folder. If not, try clicking the 3 dots on apps screen top right corner > Home screen settings > Hide apps > make sure it's not accidentally hidden. Hope that works!
0 Likes
n123jc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hello! Unfortunately its not there either. I have a sneaky feeling its somehow deleted otherwise I would be able to still access it from the drag down bar and by clicking the star shaped icon for settings. Its very strange as its part of the system I don't know how it can even be completely deleted. I wonder if other people are also having the same problem was hoping maybe I would receive another update to fix this. My only other option is to do a factory reset.
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes, that would be the only option unless you contacted Samsung directly and asked what's the problem.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah there's no conceivable way for an OTA to delete the Settings Gear in the App Drawer....Sounds like something you might have done? Factory Reset may be your only option... Just Backup with Smart Switch first 😉🐧
0 Likes