Original topic:

Software Update

(Topic created on: 10-23-2021 05:56 PM)
oldguystilllifting
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Ever since the Oct 6 software update my screen does a quick flicker intermittently. It loses my text message I'm composing at the time as well. A friend of mine says similar things have happened to them since the update. Anyone else having this issue?
0 Likes
17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Which device & One UI version?

Is it the screen flickering, or do you also see a very brief pop up? 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Samsung 10. Just a quick flicker
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Is the flicker ONLY happen, when you are using the text messaging app & are you using Samsung Messages or something else? 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
I can be scrolling through Facebook or on the internet and it does it. Just did it a minute ago
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't know if it's the same thing that's been occurring for others, because of Samsung Messages?

But try this:

Settings > Apps > Search for Messages > Samsung Messages & Click on it > Scroll down to "Allow to Appear on Top" and Toggle it OFF.

Test.

If it's related to Samsung Messages, you can also download Google Messages & set Google Messages as the default Messaging app & test.

There have been numerous reports that Samsung Messages was trying to get Authorisation to enable it's Chat Features, & this was responsible for some screen flickering & UI glitches.

Anyway, see if this helps? 

0 Likes
C_pierce
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My phone does something similar, but it closes my text window in a chat, minimizes or closes videos, minimizes or closes basically anything that is currently open when it happens. It happens approximately every 5 minutes.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Mine started acting up the day after the android update and so did my friends. Perhaps it will get fixed on the next update
0 Likes
C_pierce
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Mine started 2 updates ago.. I was hoping for the same thing, but the issue wasn't resolved after the last update.

I haven't been able to find any post of people having similar issues until I found yours, so I'm not sure if it is a widespread issue.
0 Likes
C_pierce
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I made a post of my own, and someone commented how to clear the cache.. it didn't work for me, but might be worth a shot for you. It's titled S20 issues
0 Likes