Original topic:

Super fast charging doesn't show after update

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 11:18 AM)
Taggi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have giant super fast charging plug and cable that is still working fine. But after the latest update for my S22 Ultra, my phone only says charging. The time to a full charge is still similar to what it was but my phone says normal charging. 
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's been reported a few times. It *MAY* have something to do with using Good Lock's LockStar.

Turn off LockStar & see if you see "super fast charging" again. 

Also ensure that Super Fast Charging is enabled after the One UI V5.0 Update > Settings > Device Care & Battery. 

Taggi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for your reply. Super fast charging is enabled. But I can't find Lockstar to check it. Is it an app?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

LockStar does not come pre-installed, You can Search in the App Drawer for Good Lock to see if it's there.

But check in Settings > Device Care & Battery, just to make sure you have Super Fast Charging enabled.

It's possible that it MAY be a bug in the Update? If so, hopefully the next update will include a fix. 

Taggi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Super fast charging is enabled. Thanks for your time.
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, just to confirm have you enable the fast charging, if not please follow the below path.

Settings>>Device care and battery>>Battery>>Mote battery settings>>Enable fast charging.

Kindly write back to us, if you need any further information.

0 Likes
Taggi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Super fast charging is enabled.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Another way to find if your phone is super fast charging is to notice the color of the charging animation when you plug in the phone. Fast charging and super fast charging have different shades of green animation. The screenshot below, green is for fast charging. Superfast charging is a bluish green.Screenshot_20221203_131753_One UI Home_1000013026_1670095074.pngScreenshot_20221203_131946_One UI Home_1000013028_1670095186.png
0 Likes
Taggi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The color is green but the time is just like what it is with super fast charging.
0 Likes