Original topic:

The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G is trash.

(Topic created on: 02-15-2021 12:00 PM)
N888
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Honestly, this is the worst phone I've ever used. My A660 from 20 years ago was far superior in design and concept. My S5 & S5 Neo were decent devices with lots of options, but this oversized brick is like shitting your pants on the bus. 

I'm lead to believe the FE is for "fan edition" but I couldn't imagine being a fan on this trash.

Poor Samsung needs to scrimp and save every penny, they can't even afford a headphone port or supply me with the needed adapter. I mean, there used to be a reason why I didn't waste money on Apple and it's hard to see the difference today. 

I can't even add a custom notification sound. I've never even heard of that? Who honestly came up with this phone? If we did some digging I'm sure we'd find they're saboteurs hired by the competition. 

I've contacted my carrier and they've agreed to a return after explaining how awful the phone is; they seemed as surprised as I was. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on good phones? I've never cared at all for Apple or LG, but I suppose I can't spend on Samsung anymore. Any advice would be appreciated. 

#advice, #samsung
0 Likes
19 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
If you think Samsung is so bad, I suggest you to get a Motorola.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Strange. The S20 FE has received some pretty good reviews, & from some reputable sources.

Your 20 year old what?

The first Android phone wasn't available until after October 2008, So I'm not sure what os you were running.... 

Galaxy S
I think he is talking about Samsung SPH-A660. An really old analog phone. 😅
I think is an Java phone. No OS at all.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well he just comes across as being bitter & frustrated. All the reviews I have seen regarding the S20 FE have been very positive. 

Yes it's a less expensive phone, but it still has some solid specs. 

I've seen people complaining about everything, so... 

Galaxy S
I totally understood. Just don't want to comments. 😉
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I completely understand that as an Ambassador, you have to remain diplomatic. Fortunately I don't have those constraints lol 😂 

Galaxy S
👍🏼😅🙏🏼
N888
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
precisely why prostitutes shouldn't have children, they're too busy with tricks and Johns to teach their children to be properly condescending. shame.
At no point did I allude to the A660 being an android and certainly if they weren't available until 2008 the it very clearly isn't an android - an example of reading comprehension you should have been taught, but of course that profession doesn't take time off as I'm sure you remember. A quick and simple Google search of Samsung A660 could have easily washed away your confusion - again, looking for answers yourself is a lesson you should have been taught as a child, but we can forgive all that knowing what kind of home you came from.

Now dear, I will try and lay it out so even you can follow okay? if you get confused just let me know and we can dig the crayons out. My Samsung A660, a cell phone from way back, had the ability to load custom sounds, ringtones, notifications, all of it. Apparently, that is an option not available on this newer phone. the A660 also had a port to plug in your headphones and even came with a set. You could change the battery with no issue at all, without having to pay extra, you could even buy replacement keypads and whatnot, and it was relatively simple to work on. Again, something Samsung can apparently no longer afford, on top of not being able to send necessary hardware with the device. Still following?
I used to have a walkman, which also didn't have an os. It played cassette tapes and the radio, now imagine that walkman outclassing an ipod, certainly it shouldn't happen.

I invite you to purchase the S20 FE and experience yourself the wonder. I am bitter and frustrated, yes of course, because I was expecting similar quality abilities of phones decades older; however some of these very simple customizations are now over and above the abilities of Samsung, which is sad and frustrating.
0 Likes
Rainjo99
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
  • I can attest to the complaints on the FE. Upgraded, S9 trade which I'm sorry for. Can't load up fe, seems to have plenty of ram but doesn't act it. Luckily found a S10+. FE  is now a backup phone. 
0 Likes