Original topic:

UI 6 BETA

(Topic created on: 08-07-2023 08:11 AM)
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s23-one-ui-6-0-android-14-beta-program-update/

Beta starts today, I doubt Canada will be included but you never know. 

theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah to turn your phone into a regular US one then flash the US beta
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Exactly, because even with Patched Odin you can't flash the US Beta directly on the Canadian Firmware. 

Then when people want to go to the Stable Canadian One UI V6.0 firmware, Flash back to One UI V5.1 with Patched Odin & then regular OTA to One UI V6.0 when it's available. 

theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
As long as One UI 6 doesn't get a Bootloader upgrade but I guess not usually haha
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I've never seen a Bootloader version update until well after the Stable version of the next Android version was released.. but with Samsung, you never know.. 

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

Looks like Sammobile kind of jumped the gun with their breaking news about UI-6 being available because they have changed their article to say nobody can actually sign up for it yet😂

Galaxy S
I just read an article from Sam mobile saying they pulled it from Germany and people may have access to it in the coming weeks. I'm still super pissed that Samsung natively doesn't support Canadian firmware for their beta program.
DefeatedSouls
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
They never support Canada. It's a joke. I worked in the cell industry. DO YOU know how many Canadians buy Samsung's. Get it together and give us beta Samsung.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
How many
0 Likes
DefeatedSouls
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I wasn't expecting a response LOL. But easily 60% of major sales months were Samsungs. With regular being 30% at least where I worked. It was a very good amount.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Here is a post of mine, from November 2021. The only change really, is that now the S23 series is running the same chip worldwide.

Samsung Canada's support on Samsung Members is the main reason why Canada does not support the Betas, according to @Steve01 Who was a Manager for Samsung Canada. 

If anything has changed regarding Samsung's Moderator support in Canada, it would seem to have become LESS of a presence than even several months ago. 

As I said in my quoted post, if you want the US Beta on your identical Canadian hardware, Flash it yourself. Know what you are doing and you'll be just fine. 

"While I agree with much of what you're saying, I don't know if it's Samsung Canada who is making the decisions regarding the Betas.

There's something like 7 countries that are included, mostly in Europe & the US.

Samsung uses two different Chips, Exynos in Europe mostly & Snapdragon primarily in North America.

Taking into account the population of the US, Samsung probably gets the information they need from the US alone for the Snapdragon variant.

A Reminder, a few years ago one of Samsung Canada's managers essentially said that Samsung's Canadian support wasn't up to the task of assisting people who chose to join the Betas

Given that the Canadian & US hardware is absolutely & completely identical, if you want to test the US Betas you can ⚠️If you know what you're doing! 

Security Patch Updates, HAVE improved in their delivery, but still need some work. 

Even though I don't have a Samsung watch, what I personally find more troubling, is Samsung Canada's inability to get Certified by Health Canada, for EKG & BP on products that were Marketed with these functions working!A

nother reminder that Apple & others managed to get certified by Health Canada for EKG & BP!!

Finally, there's the issue with the Sale & Delivery of PAID for products, with numerous people missing out on the promotional items, SOLELY because of Samsung's inability to deliver the product in time to qualify for them. 

It IS however IMPORTANT to keep after Samsung to improve their services to Canadians."

0 Likes