Original topic:

Visual voicemail issues since Android 13

(Topic created on: 11-23-2022 10:31 AM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Ever since my S22 Ultra was updated to Android 13 on Monday Nov. 21 every voice message I listen to in my visual voicemail app constantly cuts out so bad that I can't understand any of the message.

I am with Telus and everything was fine until the update.

W T F happened Samsung? You delayed the update and it is still a POS. What a joke! Now the service I pay extra for with Telus is useless.
0 Likes
7 Comments
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Maybe it's Telus that did not update their end of the app yet. Try reinstalling the app. Might update.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Tried that (I force close, clear cache and data then uninstall, reboot and reinstall) and still an issue. I don't know if what side the update is from but putting it here and an app review on the Galaxy Store to get more eyes on this.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, have you tried reset your network settings?

If not please try to reset your network settings and see if it helps.

Tap on Settings >> Tap on General management >> Tap on Reset network settings.

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
This won't fix it, but just to hunour this request I tried and well, guess what... this did not make a difference.

Samsung broke something in the update whether within the OS or just the Visual Voicemail app and needs to fix it.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't know if you can blame Samsung entirely.

All the Canadian Carriers send their unique requirements to Samsung before Samsung releases the OTAs.

You might want to post on Telus's Community Forums, and see if others are having the same issue?

As for leaving a Review on the Galaxy Store, kinda doubt that it will do much.

Rogers USED to have VVM, but ditched it several years ago, because it was problematic.

Good luck sorting it out. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What is the date of the app's last update? 

It's possible that it's not been updated for Android 13? 

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Nov.10, as mentioned above I posted a review there and this here so Samsung sees this somewhere.
0 Likes