Original topic:

Why Can't I Add Music to my GS23 Samsung Music app

(Topic created on: 11-29-2023 07:55 PM)
Phyll
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So I've got a new Samsung Galaxy S23 phone & seems I cannot add music to the Samsung Music App. I've had 2 previous Galaxy S series phones & was able to add music to the app on both those devices. But this S23 does NOT even show Samsung Music as an option to share to. It offers other stupid options such as Calendar, Notes, Bluetooth, Reminder, Gaming Hub, Samsung Internet, Microsoft 360, LinkedIn & even Samsung Print. Some of these I don't even use. Plus, it does show other apps (that do make sense to share to), but not to Samsung Music. But no matter what I do, I cannot get the Samsung Music app added to the list as an option of apps to share to. Anybody know how I can solve this issue? 

Samsung Support was NO Help, as they're response was:
"For your inquiry concerning not being able to share songs using Samsung Music app, we kindly inform you that we have received an answer from the department in charge.
Samsung music does not support sharing feature, as Samsung music is local file player."

Well why was I able to add music to the app on my older Galaxy S series phones?

Thanks for any suggestions.
(Weds 10:50p)
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Where are you trying to add the music from, internal storage, computer etc? 

Allowed Samsung Music permissions? 

Opening Samsung Music & you can Import your own music tracks. 

Screenshot_20231130_043154.jpg

Screenshot_20231130_043317.jpg

Note, I didn't have Samsung Music installed, but when I installed Samsung Music, it was able to find the music tracks downloaded to my phone.  

dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
They make it like that so you buy a subscription service 1701343820346.gif
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I've got Spotify Premium, but the music tracks downloaded from my computer are available in Samsung Music.. you don't have to use any subscription to add your own music tracks to Samsung Music. 

dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
There's always frostwire if you want to run the risk of being thrown in a gulag
0 Likes