Original topic:

Why the remainder of the s10 lineup is not eligible for android 13

(Topic created on: 11-27-2022 06:23 AM)
cryptodon
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Since the s10 lite is eligible android 13 upgrade why is the other phones in the s10 not eligible to receive android 13 does not make sense as the specs are better than the s10 lite. 
6 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

The S10s are not eligible because they came out alot earlier in the year than the S10lite and are in the category of not eligible because of this. It has nothing to do with specs as the S10s would be more than capable to upgrade

cryptodon
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Very poor reason for not upgrading superior products. Doubtful i will upgrade my phone with another Samsung product will be looking at other brands that have better upgrade policies or lower prices as i am no getting value.
Dee963
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I do love my Samsung phone, so I will likely get one again, but I completely agree there's no reason the s10 series shouldn't get the upgrade. I think Samsung limiting the upgrade to a certain number of upgrades is unreasonable if the technology can support the upgrade!
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

I also still have my S10 and can agree that they are a good capable phone but I am pretty sure lack of updating is all about Sales and making money and nothing about the phones not being able to function with the new UI updates

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Absolutely the S10 series can support One UI V5.0 > V6.0 and more.

It's purely a business decision, SELL SELL SELL!

I get that Samsung is a Business, but the LEAST they could do, would be to Unlock the Bootloaders on devices they will no longer update.

Majority of people won't likely bother anyway, but at least people could then easily Flash Custom Roms & get all the Tweaks & Security benefits. 

Chicku
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
That's the reason my next phone will be a pixel or iPhone