Original topic:

Widget colors

(Topic created on: 06-09-2023 06:49 AM)
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung,

Why are the widgets for some apps in the widget menu not the same as how they look when you put them on your home screen? It's been like this for a long time now, and I'm honestly sick and tired of the old like grey and pure black look, and would much rather the look that's displayed in the widget menu.

Here's just one example with the calender app (it's not the only one, there are other apps with this same problem.)

6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm not using any of Samsung's Widgets, but are you using one of Samsung's themes as well? 

If you are, that COULD have an effect on the colour of the Widgets. 

0 Likes
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
No theme at all, stock one ui, I've tried everything. My guess is it's some sort of update that hasn't been sent out yet. Idk why they would showcase it though if they won't even allow us to use it
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Is that Samsung's Calendar you posted screen shots of? 

0 Likes
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes it is
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Maybe the only option for different looking Widgets, is to use 3rd party apps to get them. 

I use Nova Launcher & HEX Installer to Theme my device. 

But I guess that it depends on what "look" you want. 

0 Likes
AxaCan
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I’m not sure I understand what you want to achieve, but I see you’re in dark mode; try switching to light mode maybe: Settings > display > light mode (see capture)
And If you find your wallpaper boring, change it by going to:
Settings > wallpaper & style > change wallpaper or Settings > Themes > going to the menu at the bottom of the screen, you can choose to download themes, wallpapers, etc. (See captures)

Screenshot_20230609_151057_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230609_150055_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230609_153007_Wallpaper and style.jpgScreenshot_20230609_153139_Wallpaper and style.jpg
0 Likes