Original topic:

Wifi dropping

(Topic created on: 03-04-2022 05:20 AM)
Ryanm353
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there
I have a Samsung S22 and I had the S9 before I upgraded to this phone. When I had the older phone I had no issues with the wifi disconnecting but now it disconnects every now and then and will just say "connection failed" when I look at the wifi status. I have seen many other users with a s22/ultra have this problem as well. Is there any way of resolving this? I just want my wifi to be kept on without disconnecting

0 Likes
3 Comments
slinkyaroo
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I had this problem with blockada and other ad blocking VPN software like adguard. Random wifi dropping.
Other than that reset network connections would be the first step.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Ryanm353, Please do follow below actions for proper Wi-Fi connection.

Register Wi-Fi again after reset the network settings (Settings> General management > Reset > Reset network settings) or,

Re-enter the password of stored Wi-Fi Settings > Connections> Wi-Fi > long-press the Wi-Fi item(SSID) which occurred connectionfailed > Manage network settings > re-enter the password.

0 Likes
whips
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I had an issue with wifi dropping on my s22 ultra. I dug through the wifi settings and found out that it was using a virtual Mac address as opposed to the physical device Mac address. When I changed this, I've not had any wifi issues since.
0 Likes