Original topic:

After latest Android 13 Update, USB Ethernet devices no longer work.

(Topic created on: 10-27-2023 07:36 PM)
nabeelr
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z

After the latest Android 13 update, my USB-C Ethernet adapter no longer works.

It still sees the adapter, and still sees that there's a link, but never seems to let you use it as an active connection, and even if you disable mobile data and Wi-Fi, still won't use the Ethernet adapter.

You never seem to get the Ethernet jack in the title bar either...

I tried different adapters, different cables, different ports on my switch, no luck. I also tried formatting the cache partition, and resetting network settings, also with no luck.

I use my phone as a replacement for a laptop in IT, so using an Ethernet adapter is kind of critical when on-site and troubleshooting.

0 Likes
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Did you try going to Settings & Search for "Reset" and Reset the Network Connection? 

0 Likes
nabeelr
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Yes, as I said in my original post, I already tried resetting network settings, and clearing the cache partition.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Sorry I missed that you Reset the Network Settings. 

Have you tried using Samsung's Diagnostics on the Samsung Members app?

Screenshot_20231027_182745.jpg

I'm not sure if it will tell you much, but it might give you a better idea?  

0 Likes
nabeelr
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
yep, that works fine. It's sees The USB ethernet device. I can even plug in multiple through a USB-C hub, and it'll see them all. it even recognizes that they have a connection... but, doesn't actually ask for an IP address via DHCP, nor does it accept a static IP address assignment. The moment you hit save, it seems to forget that you ever set anything up.

But it can see that there's an ethernet cable plugged in just fine... it just doesn't do anything with it...

my switch can also see that my phone is connected to the network, but my phone never asks for an IP address, and never seems to actually try to communicate on the network.
0 Likes
nabeelr
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Turns out the issue was with the switch itself, despite the fact that it was working well with every other device plugged in.

My phone is now working with ethernet adapters again.