(Topic created on: 11-11-2023 08:21 AM)
Yorgos
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Why do you keep the edge panels 
If you are not adding features or renewing them
Or even encourage developers to do more edge panels

Exemple I used to have edge panels ( that they were stoped )
Gmail
Notifications
TikTok
facebook
Wigets

Would be good to see encouragement to this feature

Pple commenting obviously don't know what I'm talking about 

My thread isn't for a suggestion for a 3rd party but a proposition for aamsung to bring back their full feature of edge panel.

It was nice to have a quicker access for toggles, or sneak peek into notifications on the side of the app

Edit March 16: FINALLY PANELS GALAXY STORE is BACK ...

13 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I use Swiftly Switch & LMT for quick access to Shortcuts for various apps. Each is used independently & Remain on the screen only when you are using them. 

Both are fully customizable. 

Screenshot_20231111_122128.jpg

Screenshot_20231111_122028.jpg

Yorgos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah but app access its available
I used to have edge
Gmail so could see the emails in the edge panel
Tiktok for exemple ( same as we have contact favorite panel )
There was an add on for edge panel were u could add your following Tiktokers so u can see your top pple u follow. Now need for followers as
There was an adge panel for widget you could add any widget in it.

And all of these were removed when samsung decided not to allow to download 3rd party edge panel , so just to relay on what they are offering
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

You can download 3rd party Edge Panels from the Play Store, and they are compatible with Samsung devices. 

Have a look at the one in the screen shot. Watch the video from the Play Store & see if it is what you are looking for? 

Screenshot_20231111_132411.jpg

Yorgos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I know this apps , and still not what I'm looking for
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Apps evolve and not always how an individual wants. 

You might not be able to do exactly what you want, but find what can work for you. 

Ken65
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Z
I have yet to find a great use for the edge panel concept, and actually found it annoying as it interferes with the scroll bar when on the right side. Am I missing some great and compelling bonus that it gives?
0 Likes
Yorgos
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Not anymore, before yeah.
Now since one 4.1.1 no
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, We’ll ensure you that it will be considered as feedback and value your time contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Hopefully, the feature that you are expecting might be added in future update.

Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
The edge panel is still plenty useful. You can use it for quick multitasking, open pop up windows, split screen and even start/open some tasks. I use it all the time.

It just isn't compatible with 3rd party apps because even if Samsung allows access, the app developer team will need to work on it and make it compatible. Which I am suspecting that they don't want to or won't do.

For gmail, you can set widgets on the home screen to view your emails without opening the app.

For notifications. You can simply swipe down from the top of the screen. Why need edge panel for that?