Original topic:

Google Assistant

(Topic created on: 11-20-2023 05:35 PM)
SHAWN158
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z

Google Assistant won't launch camera by saying hey Google launch camera and it will not take a selfie when you say hey Google take a selfie, it asks which app do I want to use. I'm using a z fold 5. Has anybody else seen this or solved it?

9 Comments
SHAWN158
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
One other thing to add on about this is that I noticed that the z flip 5 commercials use this as an advertisement where it says hey Google take a selfie and then the camera take adventure
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Don't know if it's the same issue on your device, but this is what I get on my S23 Ultra.

Screenshot_20231120_211449.jpg

I've tried Clearing the Cache for the Camera & same thing.

Hopefully the next update will fix this issue.

Have you tried using Bixby to open the Camera?

0 Likes
SHAWN158
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
No I get this. No error. Screenshot_20231120_192430_Google.jpg
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
You have an S23 Ultra?!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Yes, as well as the S20 Ultra.. I kinda gave up hope on Samsung bringing back the external sd card slot, and wanted One UI V6.0. 

Screenshot_20231121_032122_Software update.jpg

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, I request you to please follow the below steps once and check again.

Here is the path:
Power the device off.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.

Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device.

0 Likes
SHAWN158
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thank you for this, I can now say hey Google launch camera and it'll open the camera but if I say hey Google take a selfie or anything like that it's still asks me and doesn't give me any option to pick camera
0 Likes
SHAWN158
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
The only reason I knew about this is I saw the Samsung commercial with the z flip where it says hey Google take a selfie and it works but it doesn't launch anything on my phone which is a z-fold 5
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Still not working on One UI V6.0. 

Same error message as on One UI V5.1. 

Screenshot_20231121_212117.jpg

Reset the Camera's settings & no change.. I guess we'll see if there's an update to the Camera...

I'll probably try a couple of other things, but it's been a long day.  

0 Likes