Original topic:

How to Enable Mobile Data & Hot Spot Toggles!

(Topic created on: 06-29-2019 01:06 PM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

How to Enable Mobile Data & Hot Spot Toggles!
There seems to be quite a few new members & the question of how to enable the Mobile Data & Hot Spot Toggles is being asked multiple times per week/day.. 
Maybe a Pinned Message in a really hard to miss place would be a great idea? 

2 methods to add the Mobile Data Toggle to the QS Tiles: 

a). Download Platform-Tools to your computer - Enable USB Debugging on your phone - Settings - About Phone - Software information - Click on Build number 7 times and Toggle USB Debugging to On - Connect your computer to your phone & you will have to Click on "Allow" when you see the Prompt on your pc to allow the connection. 

b) On your Windows computer Shift + Right Click to Open Power Shell. 
c) Type: 

.\adb shell (press Enter) 
settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles),MobileData,Hotspot" 

Done 🐧

@carr0498 has a more automated version called "Easy Restore" for those of you who aren't comfortable with adb commands 🕊

You can also just Search for Mobile Data Toggle & you'll find the way to enable what the Canadian Carriers have removed 😉

13 Comments
Options
Others

Hey @ShaggyskunkS9P,

Not a bad idea! I'll have to figure out how to do that after the community migration is complete... Thanks for the suggestion 😊 Maybe we'll have the ability to pin threads or something similar.

Cheers,

Sabrina

carr0498
Active Level 10
Others

Automated method
Download Easy restore http://easyrestore.pconline.ca

Others
$$$$ lol 😂
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others
is it just me, or does my link to the script just redirect to the members main page?
0 Likes
Others
Yeah - But only if you choose to open with Samsung Members - If you select Chrome for example - It takes you to your post
Would have thought that with the new version of Members they would have also done something about trolls & advertising crap...
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Hey actually this post is pinned.
Options
Others

Hey @CHMultimedia,

Good eye, I actually tried to pin this a while ago but the new Members update finally added the functionality! Great to know we have the option now 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Was working on my mockups when I saw it. You must add the "Others" tab to the app (tap the +) and select it to see it. If you go on the web community, it's on the front page. I suggest you rename the post so it appears more obviously that it's the QS Tile restore post.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Canada/ct-p/ca?profile.language=en
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
My first screenshot was from the app. Are you on v3.1.x? It's only since v3.1.x
0 Likes