Original topic:

Smarttags notification when left behind

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 01:11 PM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
So I'm trying to set up a few smarttags that I've purchased from Samsung. While in the smartthings find app, I am trying to enable the option to notify me when it is left behind and I am greeted with the message that I can't receive notifications for more than 2 tags on this phone...

Makes no sense to me. The purpose of buying the tags is exactly to track your precious belongings and if you can't be notified when it is left behind, what's the point?

Why is there this limitation? Is it the tags? Or is it my phone (z Fold 4)? I don't get it.

Anyone else have multiple tags and have this issue.

Thanks

13 Comments
KiaKaha
Active Level 4
Others
I think Apple has a limit of 15 tags but samsung tag was 150-200 from memory. Obviously the more you have the slower it processes them but all info is online to confirm this.
Hope this helps, sorry I don't have better results
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Well I mean it's not the end of the world since I can still connect them so that's cool.

Would've just liked to be able to receive the notifications from multiple tags if I ever forget my belongings somewhere and get it right away instead of having to manually open the smartthings app to find them after the fact...

Thanks for the info tho!
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Others
It's Samsung.. there is a limit. That's why I did not buy them.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
It's not a deal breaker since you can still connect multiple tags.

What doesn't make sense is you can connect them but only have 2 tags notify you if you left it behind.

Which means you have to choose 2 most important belongings which you can be reminded of right away if you forget and come back to take it before going too far.

While the rest, if you ever forget them, you'll just have to open the smartthings find app and hope you'll be able to find them again after losing them 😑 which is pretty much counter productive...
KiaKaha
Active Level 4
Others
Guess I've learnt something too today... so you can connect a lot but only get notifications for 2.... maybe the R&D department can work on this.. hint hint
KiaKaha
Active Level 4
Others
Hi Axton, maybe you want to reply to the writer. I have no issue with tags but don't have as many as Deeezzyyy.
Learnt about the notification issue today ,and yes... I class it as an issue.
Thanks for the reply tho
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Others

Hi Deeezzyyy, we request you to try removing and re-adding the tags and check If it works.
We would like to inform you that You can register up to 200 SmartTags to SmartThings application with one Samsung mobile phone but, there may be limitations on the simultaneous connection performance as SmartTag is a wireless communication-based device.
Accordingly, If multiple tags are used at the same time, It may take some waiting time depending on the surrounding wireless network environments.

cdev
Beginner Level 3
Others

Any new status on the 2 tag limit? I would like to track keys, wallet, and earbuds, now that i lost them again. Adding the third tag generates the error as shown above.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Others
Yup but now the mods have given better info lol
0 Likes