Original topic:

Samsung warranty is a scam

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 06:25 AM)
Marusj
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

I am baffled that such a huge company as Samsung is repairing their products with such a scam company as Future Tel (Markham, Ontario). This company is not even registered with Better Business Bureau, which say a lot about the quality of services that they provide.

Since purchasing my tablet I have some issue with screen not working. The first time they repaired it by exchanging the screen, send it back, and in about 1-2 month the screen started ungluing itself from the base. Well, I send it back for them to fix, and they quickly responded that the issue is out of warranty, that it was my fault that the screen is parting with the base, and they offer me to repair it but for more than I can buy the new Tablet. I also need to mention that the tabled was used sparingly, I am not even sure if it was used for 50 hrs altogether after the original repair.

The I read the reviews of the Future Tel and...I am not surprised anymore, on average their rating is 1 out of 5. Thank You Samsung! At least you convinced me that I will never ever buy any of your product (funny, I am just changing my appliances, and as a result you will not get a penny from me anymore, even for appliances). At least my wife has no issues with her Apple products so I will switch next time I will be purchasing phone or tablet. I consider this situation as a scam and you should be investigated for so many people disappointed with you. I guess that how the market supposed to work. Good riddance!

6 Comments
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Tablets
Never seen an unglued screen in my life. I wonder what it looks like. 😁
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Tablets

Hi Marusj,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. However, physical and liquid damages are not covered under warranty. Samsung is dedicated to ensuring that you have a great experience with your Galaxy device. If you have purchased Samsung care+ plan, we request you to contact care+ support to get the device fixed under Care+ plan.

0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Tablets
If you bought it with credit card, some banks actually covers mobile damage. I know TD have that program for TD Visa Infinite credit card.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Tablets
when getting any repairs done its best you go directly to Samsung. Go to any of their experience stores (Eaton is the best one) and they'll fix your device properly. I've never had a problem with them when I've gone in and their customer service is amazing!!
0 Likes
-Tony
Options
Tablets

Hi Marusj, Please check the direct message I sent you by following the below instructions and reply to us with the requested information. Log in to the web version of Samsung Members community Canada and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members) >> Inbox >> Reply to the DM(Direct Message).

0 Likes
fevogel
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I am going through the same thing.  I sent my tablet to the repair center in New Jersey 6 weeks ago, and it still hasn't been repaired, yet I have been charged for the repair.

I constantly get disconnected with an automated survey coming on asking me about my experience.  I asked to have the unrepaired tablet shipped back to me, but I am getting the run around.

I will NEVER purchase another Samsung product, EVER.

0 Likes