Original topic:

Budd Live Active Noise Cancelation

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 07:15 AM)
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Options
Wearables
Got my free Beans yesterday, and my question might be a little premature.

Has anyone observed a noticeable difference when enable/disable active noise cancelation?

When I enable, I hear a clever little jingle that pans from left to right...but Zero audible difference either way.

I tried a with a couple of static noise examples.   One was a fan running high speed in the back ground, and the other was a loud vacuum cleaner in the background.  No noticeable change.

Is the active noise cancelation just for the mic side of making calls with loud backgrounds etc?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding.
0 Likes
10 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Wearables
Active Noise Canceling should be blocking out noise in the background. It comes with another eartip in the box, perhaps that'll help?
0 Likes
Wearables

As my experience, ANC reduce only low pitch sounds. High pitch sound still able to hear them with this design. If you want the best result, standing beside an outdoor air conditioner, enable ANC, you will hear the huge different. Like I said, it is not 100% noise cancelling. But it will reduce some bass noise. I guess if you are inside airplane, it will reduce all engine sounds so that no problem listen to your music. But it won’t reduce talking sound totally.

So, if you sitting inside your home, quiet place, on and off ANC won’t hear any difference. Because surrounding is quiet.

Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
Got it, thanks. I guess vacuums and fans are higher frequency. I havent had the chance to test it in a loud ambient environment... like a coffee shop etc.

Do you happen to know if its also effective for cleaning up the mic during calls?
Wearables
That I am not quite sure. I would say clean up the mic should make other side hear you clearly.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Fatwa, Tallman is right. ANC filters low-pitched sound, but allows high-pitched sounds like human voices(100-8kHz) and information sounds like in-flight announcements (350-7kHz)

Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
thanks
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Wearables
I have an HRV system and it blocks the noise out 100%
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Wearables
I should add as well, i drive a chevy sonic, which if anyone has one, will tell you they are noisy cars. I turned on ANC and OMG the difference is night and day.

The engine noise I'd say is reduced by 90%, only hearing the lifters. Road and wind noise is also reduced as well.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
yeah im not getting anywhere close to that level of ANC. Glad to hear you are.
0 Likes