Original topic:

Small circle with X inside at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 08-18-2018 12:19 AM)
BillieBob
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Probably once a week or more a small white circle with an X inside it appears at the bottom of the screen. There is nothing to indicate a cause, it cannot be dismissed, and this time went away about five minutes after it appeared as mysteriously as it appeared.

See the attached images... the area inside the red is inaccessible while the circle is visible. All icons and keyboard items are affected by the circle. It appears over every app opened.7d4d8c07-78ba-4b59-b303-58f4c8f40b67.jpg
b0d830ee-52f0-4d0f-8a6a-ffc32be3da2f.jpg
24 Comments
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
the X looks like it's from Facebook messenger maybe your app is glitched and needs to be reinstalled
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
yup, probably, almost anything that has a overlay on the screen.
0 Likes
BillieBob
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
😁 Facebook is Evil! It doesn't exist on my phone and I know of no app on my phone that utilizes that particular graphic in it's interface..

I did Google this and found reference to the problem with other users, but not a lot.
0 Likes
Studio26A
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Most "messenger " services will present the "X" ...Skype does it on mine and  I find this VERY annoying !!!   
Sorry for late reply, didn't find your comment till today 01MAY2023  which is (4 years, 8 months, 13 days) after your comment. 😳

0 Likes
SamiaD796
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

you were right 

I had a messenger chat head on my screen and when I tried do delete it the x disappeared 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
definitely caused by an app
0 Likes
BillieBob
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
considering i have not seen it in any app i use, that does not help at all.

If not one person using the samsung member community has seen this before to help try narrow it down, fine....i can live with that.

Inane guess work with no facts to support, no....next thing a samsung self-professed expert will suggest burning down the house cause it squeaks (reset whole phone to default cause they don't kow what else to do).

I am a tech and experienced trouble shooter and will continue to search out a solution.
Studio26A
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Well I have been reading and some claim Facebook does it, I know for a fact Skype does it on mine.  (I don't have FB on my phone).  But I'm sure some others might do it.  I find it dam annoying.

0 Likes
Studio26A
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Yes indeed, Skype does it on mine

0 Likes