Original topic:

video of Exynos vs Snapdragon note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 08:58 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Some interesting points being made in this video.  But i know that The exynos versions of the note 20 and the note 20 ultra start at 256GB storage and the Snapdragon versions only have 128GB. i think probably to try and Make the customers feel better about the exynos versions. 😂https://youtu.be/XU52BmNR8q4

10 Comments
Galaxy Note
I would say expected result. Cassidy mentioned Exynos chip has been a problem in Europe and some areas before N20 unpacked. I was also thought Canada will get Exynos chip too. But very lucky that Samsung Canada sell the SnapDragon chip like US. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

But on the other hand, even Exynos chip general performance is not that great, but different range is only couple %. Qualumm chips have been found a big security hole that affect bunch of devices over the world.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
ya i get that, but i feel bad for the people that pay Premium prices but get the Exynos version. sure the Exynos version start at 256GB base storage, but I am sure most of them would rather get the 128GB Base storage and get the snapdragon version if given the option. I just don't think it's acceptable that Samsung just passes off the Exynos version as being completely the same, when it it is absolutely not. anyway if rumors Are to be believed the next generation Exynos versions (Exynos 1 it maybe called) should Significantly close the gap at least compared to Snapdragon next year.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
All chips have security holes. Qualcomm's recent flaw was just overpublished by the news because that's what attracts clicks. One just has to glance over Samsung's mobile security portal to see the tons of flaws affecting its Exynos hardware. It's normal. Everything today has tons of flaws waiting to be discovered, thanks to the widespread belief that these issues are fine, you can patch them later.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Totally understand what you mean. I don't think I want Exynos too, unless they win SD in general.
Galaxy Note

Another reason maybe Exynos chip produced by Samsung, so majority will use on Samsung phones. Since partner with Qualumm, so North America remain using Qualumm chip. This is my guess.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Tallman,  Tbone,

I wouldn't want to be in Europe now, some people try to start a petition to get the Qualcomm in their device and some try to start a boycott because they have Exynos socket...i feel really bad for them.

If Samsung want to continue to develop his own processor, I think it should be put in the Note 20 (cheaper) and note 20 ultra should have Qualcomm all around the world. 

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ugh, why did they have to make a great-looking white colour (more accurately called silver) and only just now decided to stop offering white here.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I know it looks nice 👌
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
lol that's how I felt back then for the Note 10 red color...
0 Likes