Original topic:

One ui 4.1 update missing

(Topic created on: 04-29-2022 05:46 AM)
lalallama
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
There are 2 days left in april and I still didn't get one ui 4.1 on my galaxy a71, which is scheduled for april. Why is samsung so bad at rolling out a simple update? Even apple updates rvery device st the same time, and only like 5 countries received the one ui 4.1 update on this phone, even the galaxy a51, which in theory is the cheaper model of the galaxy a71, got the update in most locations....
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

What is the model number of your device? 

You said that it is not a Canadian device right? 

Which Carrier's SIM is in the phone?

Can hardly blame Samsung if your device is from a different country, and you are using a Canadian Carrier's SIM..

You could always Flash the CORRECT Firmware with Odin yourself, if it's available for your device. 

lalallama
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
The carrier sim doesn't matter at all, it's just that samsung hasn't released the one ui 4.1 update or android 12 for the sek model of a71, Samsung is to blame fpr the slow updates lol, my phone has unlocked sim, and my carrier doesn't require me to buy the phones on them
0 Likes
lalallama
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
The model is SM-A715F btw, the cvc is sek, they just have a poor release of software on midrange phones
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

There have been numerous posts on Samsung Members from people who have non Canadian devices used in Canada who do not receive updates so could be a problem

lalallama
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I do receive updates tho, this one hasn't been released yet, that's what I'm saying
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You did say, did you not, that the update has been released in 5 countries... right? 

"and only like 5 countries received the one ui 4.1 update on this phone,". 

Which Carrier's SIM is in your device, when you have received updates? 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

lol, yeah the SIM matters & you said that 5 countries have received the update.. right? 

"and only like 5 countries received the one ui 4.1 update on this phone,". 

lalallama
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes but that's based on the cvc of the phone, not the sim u put into it...
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Still no Carrier info..? 

I think that you meant to say CSC, which stands for "Country Specific Code), no idea what "cvc" means in Android, in the Banking world, cvc refers to the 3 digits on the back of credit/debit cards & stands for "Card Verification Code"...

Don't think that you'd get very far with a "cvc" trying to download updates.

Anyway, the A71 is tentatively scheduled to receive the One UI V4.1 Update May 10th.

Screenshot_20220429_144800.jpg

lalallama
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yea I meant csc, ik cvc is the 3 digit code on a credit or debit card but I mixed them up, my carrier doesn't even care what phone I have cuz it's unlocked, they don't even provide this phone so yea, thx
0 Likes