Original topic:

High battery use when in standby

(Topic created on: 09-14-2022 10:21 AM)
meep
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Books

I have been experiencing high battery drain with my Galaxy Pro 2 Ultra when in stand-by (lid closed). I woke up this morning to notice that it went from 32% down to 2% (unable to boot) over night. When looking at the battery statistics, I noticed that Windows Default Lock Screen was using up to 93% of the battery at it's worst, but no less than 50% until the system shut down from low power in six hours of standby from it's advertised 23 hours, so this is not normal.

battery_drain_2.png

0 Likes
2 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Books

You could try rebooting your device and go to the sleep settings and change them to something else even if you want to put them back to where they were afterwards and make sure sleep when lid is closed is enabled

0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, if your battery just isn't lasting as long as it should, you may need to perform a battery calibration. Step1: Close any programs that are in use.

•Save any work you may be doing, and then close all running programs or applications.

Step2: Disconnect the AC Adapter.

•Smart Battery Calibration will not run when the AC adapter is connected.

Step3: Restart and run Samsung BIOS configuration.

•Restart the PC, and then press F2 when the SAMSUNG logo appears. This will start the Samsung BIOS Configuration.

Step4: Run the Smart Battery Calibration.

•Click Advanced on the left-side menu, and then double-click on Smart Battery Calibration on the right-side menu. The battery will be discharged by the PC.

•The process may take up to 5 hours depending on the capacity and remaining battery life. To cancel the operation, press the ESC key.

Step5: Charge the battery.

•After the battery has been completely discharged, connect the AC adapter to your PC and charge the battery. You can use the PC while the battery charges, or leave it off until fully charged.