Original topic:

Android update help

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 12:13 AM)
phukyu
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I do not want to update to android 13. My note 20 auto downloaded it and has auto scheduled an install. I do not want to update tho. I did find a way to pass over the update but I have to do it every day. Is there any way to cancle the update other than resetting the install time every day?
0 Likes
3 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Why would you not want to updo to One UI V5.0? 

If you don't update to Android 13, then you will also not update the Security Patch Updates.

You can probably prevent the update by going to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps & Search for "Software Update", there should be two files. Clear Cache & Data for Both & Reboot.

You will likely still see a Notification that an Update is available though. 

phukyu
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Just a prefferance. I'm not the person to need to have the new everything. I like my phone as it is and the update brings no new fetures that I would love. But then with every update it comes with its own set of issues like battery problems or compatability problems etc.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I have personally never experienced any negative effects from any Samsung stock Android version update. 

I should also point out that I have a far amount of experience testing custom Roms for a variety of Custom Rom Developers, so I am pretty confident in my views on this subject. 

I have never experienced any battery issues after any Stock Samsung Android version update, which can be dramatically different when testing Custom Roms. 

I, along with a number of others here on Samsung Members Canada, ALWAYS Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version Update. 

Why I Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version Update:

Essentially because, While there's a script in every OTA that essentially wipes Cache. In Android version updates, the script SHOULD erase / wipe data that may be a conflict to the new OS.

It's not always 100% effective, and there's been plenty of posts over the years, where some people experienced issues, some almost unnoticeable, others more so.

Performing a Factory Reset, while shouldn't be required, has for me at least, resulted in never having any problems. 

0 Likes