Original topic:

CSC change

(Topic created on: 12-30-2019 03:27 PM)
FrCraig
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

I purchased my Note 10+ directly from Samsung Canada.  When I first inserted my Telus sim card it installed the Telus apps, and settings such as wi-fi calling defaulted to Telus' settings (which don't allow you to choose between 'prefer wi-fi' and 'prefer cell signal" - unlike Rogers) etc.  Today I switched carriers from Telus to Rogers.  When I put my Rogers sim card into the phone and rebooted it the Telus bloatware was still there, but nothing had been installed from Rogers, so I backed everything up using Smart Switch and did a factory reset on my phone.  When it finished booting back up the Telus software was gone and the Rogers software was installed, but under "about phone" "software information" under "Service provider SW ver." it says RWC/RWC/XAC/TLS.  My question is, why is there still a reference to Telus (TLS) and will this have any effect on who pushes my firmware updates, etc.?  Any advice appreciated.

0 Likes
10 Comments
Asem
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I've been using a Roger's note 10+ on Koodo. the original (first time) provider CSC remains and I couldn't change that. mine appears as KDO/KDO/XAC/RWC and everything seems to work fine. I don't think there is a way to change the original CSC for the unrootrd devices.
0 Likes
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
original csc will always show....but wont have anything to do with phone
FrCraig
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
thank you
0 Likes
Baspi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Use *#243203855# in the dialer to make the change.
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
You can use @baspi code to switch CSC. But let me warn you that you will lose all your data so back up before using this code.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Weird mine only has three parameters, not four. FMC/FMC/XAC
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I believe that's a change since OneUI 1.5
FrCraig
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I was curious so I phoned Samsung and learned that the fourth set of letters in the CSC code are added if at some point you change telecoms. The phone then keeps a record of your original firmware provider as the last three letters of the code. In my case TLS remains as the last three letters even after I have reflashed the firmware with a Rogers SIM card in the phone. Ironically Telus was not the original firmware provider as I purchased my phone directly from Samsung, but Telus was the first SIM card but I put in the phone and I so I guess it will always remember that.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
I don't get why they need to do that, that's pretty useless, when you change CSC it doesn't retain anything from your original one so why keep the CSC code there
0 Likes