Original topic:

Finally upgraded

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 07:57 PM)
Tallman
Options
Galaxy Note
I finally upgraded my phone to One UI 3.0. So far so good.

I bet many members already noticed some new features.

I am going to share some new features that I have found so far.

Samsung Message app - Trash folder

Many previous posts were asking if members can recover deleted messages, me and moderators usually said there is no way to recover deleted messages, except restore them from backup. Now, Samsung Message app has Trash folder now. Thank you Samsung. 😉

Second feature I noticed - Wireless Emergency Alerts

This settings was configured in Samsung Message app, now it moved to Notifications.

More settings for Edge Panel.

App settings now separate from App info.

In the old days, if you want to see app settings you can open App info and you can see it. Now, you have to open Samsung app settings in order to see the individual app settings.

New saving feature after edit

Cautions: If you click save button on the top after edit the photo, this save button will replace your original photo. 

If you want to keep original photo, you need to click on 3 dots on top right, click save copy. This will not overwrite your original photo.

There are 2 changes that I don't like:

1. Wide space between icons. This looks wierd to me. Waiting for Goodlock support UI 3.0 so that I can adjust icon space.

2. Clock style ( AOD & Lock screen )

The clock positions cannot move and nothing can be changed how. Only colours...🙁

One of the clock style was at the edge of the screen. Now the position has moved invert. I don't understand this move??? 🤯

Hope OneUI 3.1 will fix some problems in this version. In general, everything works fine for me. Will monitor battery usage over next week. Have a good weekend everyone.
15 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi 

Galaxy Note
nice one!! just what I've been waiting for. lol.. very detailed.. good job.
Galaxy Note
There are more new features, but these are my first notice features. 🙂

There are focus lock and brightness lock in Camera too.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
the wider spacing between icons definitely threw me off at first lol, I searched all the settings to see if I changed it or if I could change it. I like the new UI. but more customization isn't a bad thing. I'm looking forward to 3.1 eventually
Galaxy Note
Yes, me too. After upgrade, swipe to app drawer. I was like...😨. Well, if Goodlock can resize the icon space, that will be great. 🙂
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
nice. 👏👏👏👏
RidaIssa
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
nice job, yeah UI 3.0 has great features, but I noticed that this update drains lot of battery, this is on my Note20 Ultra. How is the battery with you?
Galaxy Note
I need 1-2 days to test it out.
0 Likes
kahlua67
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I just upgraded to the S20. I've noticed that when I get a notification from Facebook, the edge lighting comes on. How can I change that? I didn't have that before, only on my text msgs. Also, what does the Samsung msg app look like? Thank you for your detailed features, very helpful!
0 Likes