Original topic:

How to share via bluetooth?

(Topic created on: 08-13-2021 06:33 PM)
Addi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys, I've a note 10+ with the latest updates and I was trying to share a file to a none samsung phone and was trying to share via bluetooth but I no longer have bluetooth as an option when sharing. Currently on Android 11 & One UI 3.1 I recall previously having the Bluetooth as an option to share. Am I missing something or is it just me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
18 Comments
Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hey! Thanks again for the suggestion was able to get it sent through that app.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Good to hear that it was the solution 👍

0 Likes
lindaphillips
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi
I just turned on Bluetooth on both devices- my samsung s20÷ from an old blackberry ÷paired them . Clicked on photo and shared ..
Your talking if a file , like a document? Could you email it and download document that way of course .
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Or, send the file to your Cloud account & send them the link. There's several ways to share files, but using Bluetooth requires the person you want to share it with to be within Bluetooth range, unlike email etc. 

Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I was trying to share a video but it's too big for email. Alot of the options I use to have for sharing are now gone and the ones available are mainly for sharing samsung to samsung.
0 Likes
Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I also have a tab s7+ and the Bluetooth option is there Screenshot_20210814-074728_Android System_1540.jpg
0 Likes
Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
It use to have it but as you can see in my screenshot it's no longer there. I don't know if it's something I did or if it was from an update. 🤔
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, you can try clearing its cache or its data.

From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache and data.

Note: Clearing the data will reset the app to factory default settings.

0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I use Samsung's link share for larger video files. Works great woth other devices.
0 Likes