Original topic:

Is it time to move away from Note10+ ? Thoughts?

(Topic created on: 03-04-2024 08:20 AM)
Dual-eSIM-S24Ultra
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Overall my Note 10+ device is still working. I did notice battery drains very quick and i have to charge my phone 10x a day vs (once a day when i first got it like 5 years ago)....

Is it time to upgrade? Thoughts?
0 Likes
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Was a great device for sure! 

It's too bad that Samsung won't unlock the Bootloader of devices which are no longer eligible for OS & Security Patch OTAs! 

If Samsung did, you could get the battery replaced & Flash Custom Roms. The hardware would easily support Android 14.

But, unless you have an Exynos variant, where you could Flash Custom Roms.. I'd say that it's time to replace it with something new. Not only for the Android version updates, but also for the Security Patch OTAs. 

SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I loved my Note 10 plus but the lack of security updates had us part ways. I look at pics and videos I made with that phone and they are amazing. You need to buy an S23U to get anything that's better than the 10 plus
Galaxy Note
Thanks All. Good point and very important reminder re security patches....I plan to get the S23U :)
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

S23 Ultra is awesome! 

itsGill
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Hey, if you're planning to keep your phone for a long time, I'd recommend the S24 Ultra. It's got 7 years of security updates and 7 years of OS updates, which is pretty sweet. There's not a huge difference between it and the S23 Ultra, but the anti-reflective display is a must-have for me if I'm upgrading from my S24 Ultra. And the battery life is amazing! I'm getting around 9 hours of screen-on time with 120Hz and QHD+.
Galaxy Note
Wow
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I much love my note10 plus/note8 plus. Last year October I upgraded to the latest S23U from note10. Certainly, all of the features that I enjoyed with my note10 are supported by s23u plus more. Technically the s24u is the newest model and it's better although it isn't much different with s23u from features point of view.
Galaxy Note
After some more research this week learning about s24 ultra.........WOW....all I have to say is this device is most likely the best and most intelligent smartphone with all the amazing AI feaures. Im most definitely going to grab this now, especially with the special trade in offer with ROGERS. Getting a new black 512GB s24 ultra for $27/month (2 year lease with buy back option of $582) + $260 trade in credit for my note 10plus + $240 one time credit (for being a loyal customer) + $0 activation fees....and the best part is I get to keep my plan $55/month for 110 GB data plan, unlimited calls/texts to/from Canada/US with no roaming. Plus a $5/month discount for pre-authorized payment billing.....lets go!!!
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
It's really a good leasing deal with Rogers. And I think it's perfect value as well for buying back , you shoulx do it now since 2 years later the deal may not be available. Very happy for you. I spent more than $18 hundreds for my s23u(512GB) last year.