Original topic:

new sim card from Italy - will phone reset once sim is inserted???

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 01:17 PM)
cvx
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

hi,

I'm getting different stories from the Samsung.ca tech support whether my Note 10+ will reset if i insert an Italian sim card.  Some say yes definitely, today I was told it will definitely not reset.

I have a sim card from Bell in Canada.  I already went through the hassle of the phone resetting unexpectedly when I first inserted the Bell sim.  Can anyone speak from personal experience whether it will reset if I insert an Italian sim card?

thx,

c

4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, we would like to inform you that our Samsung Note10 + is an unlocked device.
You can use any carrier sim card on the phone.
However, you have to use the compatible bandwidth sim cards. SIM card is placed in the device for the first time, the device will undergo a SIM profiling and factory reset. No device will reset again after the initial SIM profiling, so you may switch SIM cards freely.

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I can't say for sure if your phone will be reset but if you backup your device with smartswitch you won't lose all of your data if it does reset
0 Likes
cvx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yeah, I've tested a Smart Switch restore from my SD card twice now, works ok, but it takes time, a good hour or more if everything goes smoothly. Who has time for this when they're traveling. That Samsung forces this reset is bs . . . it was extremely upsetting the first time it happened to me, and I don't have certainty that it won't happen again. I've not heard of other phone manufacturers doing this . . . that it's a security feature doesn't cut it . . . I'm being forced to consider Bell's exorbitant roaming package. Time for Samsung to end this practice.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
It will do it thr first time, but after it will restart every time you switch.
0 Likes