Original topic:

Note 9 Boot Loop

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 12:00 PM)
Molarman
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
My Note 9 started randomly shutting down within 2 minutes of being idle. Sometimes it rebooted but did not retain some settings...screen brightness for instance. If streaming to Chromecast it would shut down but continue to stream. The battery got hot and ran down very quickly. I tried all the suggested ideas, safe mode, cache dump, reset, download to no avail. A factory reset.....I resisted that...but it shut down as I was trying to restore from Samsung cloud. So for three days I've been trying to fix it, I have a repair ticket and mailing label and tried one more internet source and found a solution of sorts....turn off the fingerprint security...and all appears to be well although when I went to turn on the fingerprint again, the phone shut down as soon as I touched the fingerprint option. Strange and very annoying but I can live with it until perhaps the next update fixes it.

6 Comments
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
it could be faulty hardware. I'd definitely send it to an authorized Samsung repair shop (preferably a Samsung Experience store) and get them to look at it.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Doesn't sound like something an update will fix, sounds more like a hardware issue. 

If you're able to get to the interactive tests on Samsung Members app without your phone rebooting, I'd try that but.. 

Since you've done virtually everything else that you can try to fix it.

Samsung Service center is probably the best option ultimately. 

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hi @Malarman

You should read this article 

https://thedroidguy.com/what-to-do-if-your-new-samsung-galaxy-note-9-keeps-rebooting-on-its-own-rand...

And/ Or look at the following video

https://youtu.be/U0dSho65uvk

Hope it helps you ...if nothing works, it could be your motherboard who is caput..

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I think that @Molarman has tried all the steps in the article already, safe mode, wipe cache, factory reset etc. 

At this point it really seems to be a hardware issue. According to what he's saying, this temporary "fix" of disabling the finger print unlock seems to work for the moment. 

keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Molarman, Your device needs to be examined by the authorized technician to know the root cause of the issue. Please note that due to Government COVID regulations, most of the service centers would be operating with curbside pick up/drop off or non-functional depending on the locality. Please contact the live chat by using the link below and they help you set up the service.
www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I had another thought. Any chance your note was exposed to moisture?

If it was, & the issue started after that, it kind of confirms to me that the hardware has been damaged by the exposure to moisture. 

0 Likes