Original topic:

Note9

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 01:39 PM)
Darthjay
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Well here are my concerns. I have been a loyal samsung customer since I purchased my galaxy s4. Since then I have owned 2 S5's the S6, S7 and currently Note9. I now also have 3 samsung smart TV's a Tab3 TabE 8" and a TabE 10" and a samsung washer and dryer. My two biggest concerns are with my Note 9. First being BIXBY. a good idea in itself. But. The poorly placed BIXBY button that cannot be disabled and in such close proximity to the volume down key has giving me the most frustrating experience with this phone and as I see on other galaxy phones a well. I have been in contact with support about a year ago over this feature witch I was told they were looking into a software update that would give the user the ability to disable the button but obviously hasent happend. The second concern is the edge. Witch I myself find totally useless and is extremely prone to damage. Even using a case and screen protector. I have damaged 3 screens on my note 9 all of witch on the edge of the phone. One of witch cause enough damage to make the phone inoperable. And I like the thin feature of samsung galaxies and would like to avoid the use of a large case like the otter box. I have only ever broken 1 screen on all the galaxies I've owned and have broken 3 already on my note 9. When I purchased my S7 there was the option of the edge or normal phone. Of which I chose the normal. I have not yet looked at the Note 10 but it pains me to say that if they do not have the option between an edge or not. Or still have the very poorly placed Bixby button that you cannot disable for the first time in years I will not be purchasing a Samsung phone
6 Comments
thejoker1
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
i know that on my s10 if you go to advanced features than go to bixby key it will have the option to open bixby with two press of the button. you should see if that's on your note 9
0 Likes
Darthjay
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I've done that. but if I'm trying to turn my volume down and accidentally press the Bixby button instead. holding the Bixby button down also activates it. also if I'm trying to activate the camera with the double tap power button when putting force on the opposite side. ( well I accidentally having your other finger on the Bixby button) double pressing the Bixby button activating it
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Try using bxActions from the Play Store (requires adb) and you can disable the Bixby button completely if you want 🐧
lpo84
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
just put a small piece of something textured over the button. that way you know the feel of that button it helps avoid it. an with bx actions to disable you shouldn't have any more issues.
0 Likes
Darthjay
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely download and try bxactions
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
i wrote about it a few weeks ago. you'll ve able to disable it entirely.
I've tried Samsung phones with Bixby in the past and noticed the same problem.
My S10e does not seem to have the same problem though.
BUT! I still use bxactions and it's the only way i've ever got a Samsung to work the torch with screen off, no root, no matter how long the screen's been off.
throw in volume button mapping and things like auto rotate and snapping a photo without touching the screen... you'll find a lot more ways to use your phone even with bixby completely disabled. it's a game changer for me.
0 Likes